Tuesday, 9 June 2009

Found and Lost.

I am on facebook...yes i know its bad and horrible, but when i have nothing to do its an ok way to pass time. Recently, I ve found some old friends from my primary and high school and even nursery(reception). I wasnt that close to any of them but have added them anayways. Its weird because I see how much they have changed and I guess I also feel kinda bad because I look at their pictures and see happiness, a different, glamorous life...and I compare it to mine. I feel I am stuck somewhere here. Here without any fun or any future. I do not know where I am going or what I should be doing to get anywhere at all.
i also felt bad because (this may sound petty) but I added them and they didnt even bother saying "hey" thanks for the add or whatever. Its just accepted and thats all.
I mean what is our past made out of? People, things and memories. And when I found some people that were a part of my past (not a big part but still a part) it was nothing different to having not have had them at all.
Not that facebook is a great people connector. Or maybe for some people it is. Detachment. It is an emotion I have become used to. It scares me. A lot. I feel the gaps between people. I feel the gaps I make and form and that other form and construct with me. Sometimes I forget them. Sometimes I do not. Sometimes these gaps just loom over me or they hover around in the background. I am not saying other people make me happy but I am saying that how can humans who are a part of each others lives just fade away so easily? leave? return and be so detached? Why cant people understand and appreciate each other and what the other person is thinking?

No comments: