Tuesday, 23 June 2009

Leaving

I actually puased 10 seconds before writing because i do not know where to begin...people leave.
I seem to have started to obsess about this. My dear and very close friend is leaving soon and I do not know why but its scaring me. Perhaps it is lonliness that scares people. Being alone scares me.
I like having close friends, find it effort-ful to make new ones...ones which won't last. Plus, people in London are generally cold and distant...
I have my family and a couple of other close friends...But sometimes times and days do not work out and we do not see each other for a long time. I wonder what happens in that gap...I guess both people carry on without each other. Its good in a way to not to be dependent on others. But it is still nonetheless nice and comforting to feel you have someone who gets you.
My friend has promised she will keep in touch and I know we will - why of course it is possible with all the fancy communication technology we have these days. It is this long summer I suppose that is getting to me the most. What is about long summers that makes you feel adventurous yet useless all at the same time? I know people who are out there helping kids in Africa, some writing doing journalisty work and in general busy and happy. I, on the other hand am idle. Well not entirely idle, but have not much to do nonetheless.
Summer. I love and hate you.

No comments: