[ http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3548/3365624731_3e3e5e5dcd.jpg - Image from Google ] And there is a truth in that regardless of that whole emo thing one can debate. People always leave. You want to believe that they will come back and things will be the same again. Sometimes they are. Sometimes they are not. And sometimes you just do not know. So what do you do then? Wait? Wait in hope of things going back to normal or hateful words to be hurled your way? All I know is that it sucks to lose people. I have lost so many friends along the way because of various reasons:
- I have moved away.
- They have moved away.
- Lack of keeping in touch on both sides.
- Facebook not good enough.
- People changing.
- You changing.
I guess people grow up and become different people to what they were. It is no one’s fault then I suppose. There is often an awkwardness around old friendships because people judge and people remember what you used to be and judge what you have become now. I would like to say I do not do that but it does happen sub consciously. I want to have that positive, optimistic attitude that things will look up and return to the way they were. However sometimes it is very, very, very difficult to believe.
- I have moved away.
- They have moved away.
- Lack of keeping in touch on both sides.
- Facebook not good enough.
- People changing.
- You changing.
I guess people grow up and become different people to what they were. It is no one’s fault then I suppose. There is often an awkwardness around old friendships because people judge and people remember what you used to be and judge what you have become now. I would like to say I do not do that but it does happen sub consciously. I want to have that positive, optimistic attitude that things will look up and return to the way they were. However sometimes it is very, very, very difficult to believe.
3 comments:
This post is so very true and relevent to my life both in the past and present. Gah! Love the rosette DIY-ness :)
oh man! when im sad i actually think of that quote... PEOPLE ALWAYS LEAVE and i think of that drawing!
but you know... at the same time... PEOPLE ALWAYS COME IN... so we should think positively! :]
Isn't it hard? I guess all we can do is remember that everyone comes into (and leaves) our lives for a reason. Even if they don't stay forever (which would be wonderful), they left a mark on your heart, your world, and for that, there must be some peace.
Post a Comment