Emails, are so bland but I guess super convenient. Things said in MSN conversations can often to be misinterpreted. Obviously hearing someone's voice beats all methods of communication i.e. phone or skype and so does physically being with them. But there is something so personal about letters. Someone has sat down, taken out stationery, thought about how to begin and end and what to write about. They have used a pen for non-academic or work reasons. They have thought of you. They have written for you, to you. Soon, I will write back to my friend who I love very much we are practically sisters. I love snail mail.
Friday, 29 January 2010
Snail Mail
There is something about seeing my name on brown paper that makes me very very happy. Especially when it is in the handwriting of a close friend. Sometimes it is also nice for the package or the letter to be a mystery. In some books I have read, for example, Lucy Snowe in Villette, characters wait to open letters. When I was younger, this shocked me - How can you wait to open a letter?! But as I have become older, I have started to wait. I run to the door when the mail arrives and if I see any letters addressed to me - I quickly take them upto my room and hide it away until I am free, calm and relaxed. Then I get a cup of tea or hot chocolate, sit on my bed and read the letter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
thanks for entering my giveaway ^^
What a great reminder. I rarely take advantage of the good old snail mail. I never receive letters, but I bet its such a treat to sit down and peel open that envelope. Of course I love packages, because there are gifts in there, lol. Have a great weekend - thanks for your sweet comment.
http://inbugsdrawers.blogspot.com
Thank you so much for your sweet comment!!
I really love receive letters too, and if they're handwriten, it's more personal and better... so romantic, indeed. And a little bit vintage, in this world full of mails, isn't it?
i love snail mail too! n_n
Post a Comment