Tuesday, 22 June 2010

Brick Lane Market and Shoreditch

A few weeks ago, I visited Shoreditch and Brick Lane market. People say London is very glam and have a fantasy about London. I think London is great but sometimes you have to look really closely to appreciate the stuff. I guess for someone who lives here - obviously it is not as exciting as visiting a new city, but nonetheless I think only certain areas of London are exciting (whilst some are utterly crap!) It was a wonderful day to be out and I had a great time - spent some quality me time ;)









Here are a few shots from a market - 

So cute all these hair accessories 





This is a shop called Shelf which has wonderful things - stationery and decorative pieces. I got a set of postcards from here :)



I wish I had money to pick up this owl family





Then I visited the first vintage shop on Brick Lane believe it or not; I got chatting to the owner and asked if I could take some photos for my blog and she told me about how she started working there when she was very young helping out at well - the first vintage shop in Brick Lane! 




'The Shop' has a beautiful selection of clothes, scarves and lovely jewellery along with stitching patterns, buttons and even fabric. 
'The Shop', 3 Cheshire Street, London E2
Mon-Sat 11am-6pm
Sun 9.30am-5pm
02077395631


More shots from around and about Brick Lane: 



This was an awesome toy shop but sadly couldn't afford anything!



Things I bought: some dangly earrings, a vintage mirror and postcards although of course I wish I had more money to buy all the things I liked!










Hope you are well! I have 8 more followers to find/begin following me then I shall have 50 woo! But I am sure that will be sometime away haha 
But if you have visited and are reading this - do link your blog and I shall pay you a visit :) 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for following my blog. I am following yours now! :]

Anonymous said...

Ahh, I didn't see the second comment. I loooove C.S. Lewis. That is the second book in his Space Trilogy, it's called Peralandra. It's amazing. As are the other two, Out of the Silent Planet and That Hideous Strength. I highly recommend them if you like Lewis.

Hello Naka said...

love the photos looks like great fun ^^

Mary Lee said...

thanks for the very nice comment :)
england were pretty rubbish but i seirously cannot believe that the lampard goal didn't count. I'm like so angry about that! gr.
summers the worst. poor you :( omg i've been sniffinf all day and my sister keeps on like moaning at me to do something when i can't!! and my nose keeps on getting blocked argh. omg sameee i love them books. they are soso cute :) seems like you had a fun day. i'm going to foolow you :)

Giovanna said...

Lovely photos!! Thanks for sharing :)
xxx
Giovanna
www.bohomarket.blogspot.com

Giovanna said...

Lovely photos!!
xoxo
www.bohomarket.blogspot.com

Jennifer said...

everything looks like super fun! I love the photos! I want those owl statuess! eep x