Wednesday, 9 June 2010

Thoughts

I have been away for a while. But it is good to be back. I have physically been around and about and mentally and personally experienced some ups and downs. I guess that is life.
Life is not fair. As patronising that may sound and it is something my mother said to me ages ago. It is the truth...Ah the truth, I have often wondered what that is. But I guess I cannot put it down as a dictionary definition.
Through the ups and downs, I can honestly (and this makes me quite upset) say that none of my friends have been around. I guess right now is a difficult time for everyone. We are all growing up and learning. I have only had my family, including Simba, with me. These are the people and pet (in Simba's case) that I can truly rely on. I think friends are the ones that tell you the truth. But friends are also people who stick around, even when it turns ugly. And sadly, to date, I do not think I've had a friend like that. I have lost so many friends and I often try to tell myself that it was how it was meant to be. But sometimes I wonder if it was my fault; if I was not a good enough friend. And it just makes me sad. If I look back, I think I did try my best. But sometimes people change and well you have to move on as well.
My mother is my rock and she is probably the best friend I will ever have. I treasure her friendship ♥ She is the only one I can truly rely on.
I think if you have a friend like that - someone who will always be there for you no matter what - you are very lucky.

3 comments:

Christine Marie said...

Your blog is fantastic, dear. I love that you love Sylvia Plath. Read The Bell Jar if you haven't already.

xx

Anonymous said...

Aw, I do know how you feel. I've had a pretty messed up past and I can't really name anyone who's stuck around. I'm so glad you have a wonderful bond with your mum (: I have one too, when our star signs aren't clashing. Hahaha.

Take care
xoxo

PS. Sorry I've taken a while to reply. My internet's been crashing so much lately, it's been difficult to log into blogspot!

prettyneons said...

Hello's,
aww tell me about it , I've been through some drama too hence the lack of comment chatter.
Hope all improves for you, I lost some dear friends too, when I found out about this illness I have (eurrgh hate that term illness) late last year. After much pondering I figured you know what they are not worth it let it go-let them go.
I feel for you my sweet.
Hang in there. xXx

peace & luv
prettyneons

P.S...thank you sooooo much for your comment in regards to my 'ickle bell necklace. If I ever see another I'll post you one ;)