Friday, 12 November 2010

Autumn

So autumn has definitely arrived in London. In fact, it arrived with winter. And as leaves blew everywhere, so did rain accompanied by strong winds. This past week has been pretty miserable, grey skies, cold rain, windy rain, rain 24/7 and the wind was so strong that it knocked a part of a neighbour's fence off! 
How typical of me to start with the weather ;) 
Inside, I have been keeping warm with cups of tea and socks. Yes, I do wear socks indoors :)


I forgot to to upload Jennifer's suprise aka my secret project ;) It involved paint so it was lots of fun. 








 I bought a simple but sturdy and teal coloured tote bag and used a permanent marker to draw out what I would paint. The marker also helps as a guideline to fill in paint if you aren't great at freestyle painting (which I am not!)



I used acrylic paint as this is much better than water-based paints. Always make sure you try the paint on test fabric before you paint on directly since it may spread.








 Black and White because it's cool ;) 


The other side:

















I have loads more things to update and post, but I really have to catch up with work!

Take care
xoxo


4 comments:

Hello Naka said...

oh so cool ^^ im sure she'll love it!

Gillian said...

Love your teacup illustration! What a really great gift! G

Dandelionkisses said...

Hello! Thank you! I'm glad you like the shop, I was hoping it would go over well :) I love making them! They aren't that difficult at all.
No I don't plan the designs I go with whatever feels right.
Thanks for entering! Good luck :)
If you don't win and like the minis I will be listing those in the shop soon.

Jennifer said...

AND yes i absolutely adore it! I used it the other day when I went to the library! It's beautiful & so meaningful -you know me so well! Thanks again for it darl! You're so creative & artistic! I missed reading posts from you! :)

xx