Tuesday, 15 September 2009

New academic year

I love stationery. It is my weakness. I have hoarded up notebooks and my mother does not know, if she finds out, she would probably make me write lines in them so that I begin using them up. My sister does this with sketchpads.

So, soon, a new academic year shall begin and I cannot wait. I want to learn. This summer has been way too long. I am sure that as soon as I get my coursework, I'll regret saying that.

So here is some new and old stuff for the next year.


Pucca mid-year planner an absolute essential for me since I tend to forget stuff e.g. timetable!

New pencil case from HK

Customised notebook by yours truly - picked this up from a local stationers and it was much too plain for Capn NikNak so added glitter, pastels, ribbon, mirrors! I am waiting for it to dry so I can cover it with self-adhesive film.

Notebook with another notebook

Old and new stationery here.

Not strictly stuff relevant to school year, but I found this amazing rainbow pallette at Superdrug and it was only £3 :)

Purple sunnies.

And a bracelet my friend got back for me from her holiday :)

What do you think about the saying on the notebook - "Beauty is truth and truth is beauty" ? I find it quite intriguing but it hurts my head a bit. I guess there is a simplicity to it. But then again you can philosophise (wrong verb) perhaps debate about it all day long. How simple is beauty? And how simple is truth?
So I am looking forward to learning new modules this year, is there something you are looking forward to? Or did something you were looking forward to take place this summer? How did it feel?

9 comments:

carly mary said...

i am the exact same way.

prettyneons said...

hahahaha oh my days I know what you mean!
I'm such a sucker for stationary too!

Thanks for the comment hun, I've had the hair chopped off and have revisited my 18yr old self and dyed it bright red orange...it feels good hahaha!

peace*
prettyneons X

Hello Naka said...

i love ur pucca planner where did u get it!!!!!!

i desperatly need one too :3

very cute stationary im exactly the same :p I always love writing in new note books

gd luck at school ^^

MYCLOSETGARDEN said...

That saying can give you a headache, lol. Love your notebooks. I am excited for what fall will bring me job wise. It didn't happen this summer so I am curious to see what will in the coming months.

Hugs,

Bug
http://inbugsdrawers.blogspot.com

Kristen said...

I love stationary too!! And that quote... love it, but don't want to think tooooo hard about it. I think too much during the day as it is :)

tricia said...

I love new stationary! I love buying new journals, sometimes even when I haven't even filled up the one I already have lol.

Jessica said...

Ah!
More Sylvia Plath love!
And I have that quote on my facebook. (:

The Beautiful and Glammed said...

what pretty notebooks! Love floral stationery!

Have a lovely weekend!
come follow us at <3 TBAG xx

Boy/Man. said...

HEY.

You were following my blog before.

Ive moved. Its still on my profile, but its the new one...My Life Is Definitely Fucked.

Follow me there instead!

Thanks