On one hand, there is beauty, love, truth and all things wonderful. Then on the other hand, you have deceit, lies and all things hurtful. There is always pain and there is always love. There is hurt as well. And at the end, you have hope, right? A bit like Pandora’s box. But sometimes hope doesn’t work, plans, dreams and wishes don’t work out. It is a risk you take, a choice you make when you say it’s okay if I get hurt. That’s good, daring, exciting and fun. You open up to people, you let them in. You feel happy because they make you feel good and happy about yourself. But should that be the situation? Should you really need another to make things good?
I am not saying the world can’t be good or isn’t good. I am just saying there is no point in pretending and hoping, in waiting around for good to happen, because that can lead to becoming delusional. And sometimes, the thing you want the most ends up being the thing that can hurt you the most. When it doesn’t work out you think of all the time wasted, all the effort you put in and it all goes away with a word or sometimes silence or sometimes a lot of angry words…And what are you left with? Pain and hurt. Good memories are overshadowed by the hurtful ones.
I would rather be lonely and not get involved in the hurt and pain. I can’t be someone hopeful and positive about such situations because I am not. I can’t pretend to be someone like that. What I believe in is what I know or have known. It is called being realistic.
4 comments:
hey i agree with u on being realistic ppl often say im jus being perssimistic but y build our lives on false hope
i agree... im so scared of getting hurt though :/ i think we need to take risks.
Hi wow I could have penned that myself. I can't express enough how much I understand and can relate to that 'old catch 22.
Wish I could offer some words of wisdom but being in a similar boat and all I can't.
I don't believe in building hopes up too high.
peace*
prettyneons Xx
Oh that is such a cute heart to find :)
Post a Comment