Sunday, 7 February 2010

Market


Recently, I went to Brick Lane Market - it was my first Sunday off from work which has not happened in ages. There were so many beautiful things and a lot of them were handmade which is so special. I absolutely love handmade things from dresses to cards to jewellery to cake!! I think people who can actually 'make' stuff - are craftsmen/craftswomen are truly inspiring :)
Here is what I picked up.


A pirate keyring - so cute!! He needs a cutlass.
A 'vintage' pendant that I need to find little gems for to insert into the gaps - does anyone know any good shops in the UK/online shops that do little diamontes/gems? Also bought two badges :)
A fairy shop!
Lovely shop window - a fairy world!
I did not buy these from the market but my friend made these for me for our day out :) Yum!

Do you like going to markets - what is the best thing you have bought from a market?

11 comments:

Hello Naka said...

cute cupcakes ^^
I love the pirate keyring
the greatest markets ive been to is in hong kong, but I cant think of somethine of one great thing, I think my domo kUn bag was pretty cool but it is now retired :/

Sarah Edwina Rose said...

Ah I always forget how good the Brick Lane market is, haven't been for an age despite living 5 mins away! I got a skull cardigan there which I am still pleased with in an emo sort of way!

Unknown said...

Oh such lovely things (: I really need to get back to flea markets when I can be ready to wake up at dawn

Dandelionkisses said...

I love going to markets! It's one of my favorite things to do :)
Nice finds I love the pirate key chain :)
And cupcakes make me happy.

prettyneons said...

Yay I can get through to your blog again----every time I tried this message would pop up saying access denied....oh how I've missed it!
You can't beat browsing markets, you found some great gems here.
peace
prettyneons X

shelbyisms said...

Cupcakes are the best.
The very best.

Natalie said...

Heylo, thanks for following my blog! :)

Handmade stuff just always seems at least a little bit better, doesn't it? Just something about it! The little pirate guy is adorable, and the cupcakes look super duper yummy :D

Jennifer said...

OMG !! You have a blog!! I just found it through another blog I was looking at! Hehe, awh! What a lovely post! I love all the cupcakes & pirates ahoy! Hurrah for flea markets :D

So so so glad your enjoyed my package!! Am super excited to receive yours! (thanks for suggesting the idea on mail swap with each other!) eep!

xx

Amelia said...

Hi there,

I love Wimbledon Dog Tracks carboot on a Saturday and Wednesay morning. Although it's a carboot, it's like a market with lots of house clearance items and you can get the most amazing bargains to make things with, rather than things already made - unless you count vintage embroidery from a houseclearance collection.

I love seeing what people make too: arting and crafting makes the world go round! :)

Amelia.x

gamgee said...

such cute buys!!

Joosje said...

love the cupcakes!
xxx

http://www.diy-joosje.blogspot.com/