Monday, 26 April 2010

Freedom!

Greetings :)
I finally handed in all my essays today - what a relief! I have been planning on doing a new post for a while now...!
Do you remember Jennifer's snail mail? Well in that she had popped in some very, very cute buttons in a little pink drawstring bag for me. At first, I wanted to sew them onto my cardigan but I realised I do not know how to sew. And mother dear is busy.

So...I made a new bracelet and with some other buttons, I customised my heart shaped mirror:

Mirror:
Super glue and buttons - simple as. I might add more and make it super colourful!

Bracelet:
Quite simple. You need jump rings, pliers and a plain silver bracelet. Just put the jump rings onto the buttons and choose your colour combination or do random ones like I did. Whichever button came out from the bag I put it onto the bracelet ♥


Close up of mirror
Early start - so many buttons ♥
Bracelet on mirror!


I really love this bracelet because whenever I wear it it reminds me of my lovely blogger sister - check out her blog here - MakeTeaNotWar
I consider myself lucky to have met wonderful people in this world of blogging. But I also know it can be dangerous - as there are silly people out there who are not unique steal ideas from others - Shame on you! So try to be safe guys :) Blogging is such a good way to communicate about stuff you like ♥ so if you have a lovely blog - do not hide it - let me know about it.

5 comments:

Hello Naka said...

beautiful bracelet and i love wat u did with the buttons ^^

unfortunatly i don't have my last exam til 28th june, but I would love to swap next month :3 ^^

zansot said...

wow nice bracelet ! so cute <3
thank you for your sweet comment :D
i have to admit: everytime i read my post, I feel so bad for myself.
NOODLES? COMPARE MY FEELINGS WITH NOODLES? pathetic :P (just kidding, it was the best way to express this mess anyway)
about mac: every single lipgloss is just FAB! one of my fav though is Nymphette from Tinted Lipglass! <3

what's yours? :D

prettyneons said...

Hey hey at long long last I'm back online, I've missed reading blogs sooo very much.
Aahh I adore buttons,I collect them the bracelet is gorge I want it! :)

peace & bows...
prettyneons Xx

Little Monarch said...

hey thanks for your lovely comment. i really like your bracelet. i loooove buttons you should check this out http://littlemonarch.etsy.com its my shop and theres loads of button related things :-)

Jennifer said...

Awwwh Nikki darl!! That is soooooo sweet of you!! I'm so glad you made great use of those cute buttons hehe I love what you did with them but also the idea of sewing them onto a cardigan would be very cute too but you made a bracelet & decorated your mirror with it?! that is awesome!! I love it, you're such a clever birdie hehe! Everything looks lovely! This post made me smile oh so brightly! If you loved my last mail so much, I'm defintely sure you're going to LOVE this next mail, eep! I can't wait to hear what you think of it when it arrives!! *hugs*

P.S. Yes I agree, meeting people on the net can be so dangerous esp if they do horrible things, eek I hate things like that! Thank goodness I've been very careful with who I contact with! :) It's such a lovely way to meet great people (such as yourself) it's ashame other people have to ruin it by doing things that make other uncomfortable shame of them indeed!

xx

xx