Thursday, 16 June 2011

Thoughts on getting inked

So about two years ago I decided I wanted a tattoo. Initially, I wanted this exact image on my ankle:

And this is why I wanted it:


Immature much? Yes I think so. But then again, the sparrow is a popular tattoo design. (I would have got it done without the 'Jack'). And when I started drawing my own versions of the image above, with colours and all, I realised I was just being a fangirl ;)


So I put the idea away and got on with uni work, and I never even had enough money to even try to save up for a tattoo. I have been working on ideas on my own tattoo design, and have been looking at images online, and I think I have some form of a design. However, I am going to keep sketching until I have something I am totally happy with, even if it takes 5 or so years, because a tattoo is permanent, as obvious as that is. But I did not realise that before. It was just a fad for me. I now how much tattoos mean, body art is a culture, and I should respect it. 


Here is a photo for thought: http://fyeahtattoos.com/post/6594776296/ive-always-been-in-love-with-marilyn-monroe




That tattoo is so unique, and suited to what the person believes in and likes. On the other hand, some people might think this is fandom taken to an extreme. What do you think? 



Have you got a tattoo? What made you get it? Is choosing what you want easy/hard? Or had you always known what you wanted? 

1 comment:

Alicia said...

i love that tattoo. my sister and i were planning to get matching tattoos but i told mum and she said "yuck!". not cool, mother. not cool. i'm kind of afraid of getting one though, because i'm so indecisive and i get bored of things quickly. :/

thanks for the compliment! hope you're having a wonderful weekend :)