Sunday, 23 October 2011

Standing up

This week has been pretty intense, a whirlwind of situations I thought I'd never have to face. It's been a week of life lessons and learning. I know that sometimes it is good to face your fears. Standing up for what you believe in may seem hard and silly to some people, but I think when you prove to yourself that you can make your own case and fight for what you think is right - you learn that little bit more. About yourself, and the world.

The daily battles we face, no matter how big or small, are the ones that make us stronger. So if there is something you've been avoiding, I would suggest facing it. People who let things go, don't speak up for what they believe in, stand up for themselves (or each other) become bitter, and can become regretful. I think it is important to believe in change. And if you think something is wrong - make sure you do something about it.

I found these two great quotes that may inspire you if you have been trying hard to find courage:

'Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.' 

'It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare.' 


- Mark Twain

2 comments:

Daisy said...

Hope everything is ok ! xx

Alicia said...

Hope you're okay love. xx