Sunday, 6 November 2011

For the love of cake

It was my mum's birthday in October, and instead of buying her one cake, I picked up a selection of delicious ones from Patisserie Valerie. I can't really bake since I don't have the patience. BUT - I did successfully cook a batch of brownies one weekend, and have also made basic chocolate cake. I was really proud of the brownies though - in all that excitement I forgot to take photos! 

Here are some Patisserie Valerie's cake photos though. Mum loved them all and the family had fun sharing them. They are quite rich though so would only ever buy them for special occasions and most definitely always for sharing! 

The box!

 A selection of four yummy cake slices!

 The layers *drool*

And some more

Do you have a favourite bakery near where you live? 

2 comments:

Daisy said...

Your lucky mum ! What a fab idea, I hope she had a lovely day !

Alicia said...

That's a really good idea. I suck at baking, but I love cooking dinner. Mum is the opposite. Haha. I hope your Mum had a happy birthday!

Thank you love. I was proud to show off the fact that after three years of failing miserably at curling my hair, I finally did it. Hahaha. Stupid curling irons. Stop making technically challenged people suffer!

I'm glad you're feeling better ♥ If you ever want to talk, you can always dm me on twitter or email me :)

I'd love to do a swap with you one day! If you don't mind, I probably won't be able to until I start working. I'm a bit broke because of my course at the moment. :/ I think I'm working over Christmas, if it all works out. Hopefully!

Thanks for being supportive of the vegan alternatives I've been adding to my blog :) I've lost so many followers since turning vegan, it's kind of ridiculous. :/

I hope you had a lovely weekend xx